Thursday, January 18, 2007

Last days chez bureau.

Last days chez Bugsplat Bureau... and I am feeling pretty sad about it.

When we took our holiday earlier this year (which is when the really crazy stuff happenned - when we weren't there to stop it) I pretty much packed up work, and left... and didn't see the light of day until we were back here three weeks later. I have some vague notions about the place but I'm scared of their father still and I'm not what anybody over there expects ever but more than those reasons everyone else in Polly really, really wanted the time to be there even if it was to argue with their mother like Thea did far too much of according to just Jo but thea says it was necessary and at least they are talking again. And just jo says well, if by TALKING you mean SCREAMING then I guess... but I digress. They can talk about this at tricks.

And I was there a little, tiny bit. Calypso brushing mum's hair. Sandy, my friend. Just a few seconds here and there and then we were back here and I was straight back to work at the Bugsplat Tourist Bureau again. Trying to solve the problems that had arisen while I was away. It wasn't much of a holiday for me.

I've been taking a holiday of sorts at work lately - just doing little tasks, no big projects. I've been photocopying brochures and sticking them onto cardboard and cutting it to shape so that when a brochure runs out the New Future Bureau Manager will find a card and if they are smart enough to turn it over (should I write PTO on it?) they will find contact details etc. to order new ones. That's been fun. A lot more fun that dealing with Mr and Mrs Manky or their lickspittles.

(Gruesome says I must say thanks chimera, that's one kewl, kewl word, thanks for bringing it to my attention.)

Everytime there's a big change in our circumstances looming the existing power structure gets unstable and as always, totally impossible candidates (hey! like ME! like I WAS!!) offer themselves up and shuffle around and do dodgy deals (err.. guilty) with various factions of polly or loose affilliations of common interests. It's unsettling. I realise now. Sitting here in power. To those in power.

Strange bedfellows. I mean, who would ever have predicted that I would manage to win the support of the ultra-vegan wing of Hinchinbrook? I LOVE MEAT! It is probably my favourite food! And my best friend, my second in command, IS CALLED SAUSAGE! Anyway, there were reasons, not currently strategic for me to recall.

And when we went travelling - Angelata came out, Francesca too, Molly, lots of Hinchinbrook Chicks. Then it all changed again when we rolled into town. And when I got a job again. Calypso and I work well together. I wonder what she wants to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home