Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tea at tree.

aka My Clerical Career goes Bung.

I couldn't do it. Dammit. Too much white noise, too much radio static and machines that go bing and unpleasantness and anxiety and everything stank of high school. I don't miss it but I'm glad I got such a graceful exit (to my job at the Tree where I drink tea, deliver impeccable customer service for an average of a minute per time, maybe 50 - 100 times a day, then drink more tea, and scribble in my notebooks, watch the wrens or daydream.

It's a good job for me. Regular pay. The Hinchinbrook girls like the birds and the opportunities for nature-geeking with fellow nature geeks. Just Jo, Mannie and Thea like the letter writing opportunities. I don't mind it. There is a little arithmetic. I like arithmetic. If you want Math or Physics you better ask Viola, but I do like arithmetic. I quite like balancing the cash at the end of the day too.

These small pleasures - and we get paid.

For now, this will do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home